Why?

The struggles of loneliness, positivity, grieving, and so much more...

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Normal is Relative

Multiple times it has been said to me:
"Now life can just go back to normal!"
"Now you can be normal again!"
"You have to act as if it never happened."
"When dating, just don't tell him about the divorce until you get in a serious relationship."
"Aren't you afraid that they'll think of you as 'damaged goods?'" (That one makes me ANGRY).

I would not truly become who God whats me to be if I were to deny this part of my life.


It happened. It hurts. I was very sad. Hope had gone out the window. I didn't know where to go. Why wasn't God stopping this? What had I done to deserve this? I could not stop being sad. So. Sad.
Until I realized.......




I had complete control of MY life.
No, I could not control Jacob. I could not change his actions. I could not make his choices for him.
I could, however, control my thoughts and my reactions to the natural feelings of sadness. I could control my surroundings. I had my agency (the free gift from God to make choices). I could control how I reacted to this difficult situation.

I was recently called "Miss Independent StrongPants." I sincerely believe that phrase can pertain to me ONLY because I have made the choice to let this trial change me for the better. The divorce has easily been the most pivotal point in my life. I made the choice to become better. I made the choice to love myself. I made the choice to continue to progress. To see the happiness in life.

This is my new normal. I cannot deny this part of my life. I have become better because of it. I am grateful. I am hopeful. I look forward to my new future.
It looks brighter and brighter each and every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment